A couple months ago, the Internet Movie Database started tagging movies with "plot keywords," which for me have been a source of great amusement. So let's have some fun. Below are a list of nine movies. Below that list are their featured plot keywords as they appeared on Wednesday (they tend to fluctuate). Match the movies with the keywords. For the answers, look at the first comment. Careful: It's a little tricky.
Brokeback Mountain. Gigli. My Best Friend's Wedding. Riding the Bus with My Sister. Saw. Singin' in the Rain. The Sixth Sense. Sunset Blvd. When Harry Met Sally...
1. Wedding / Distress / Bar Scene / Bear / Blood on Shirt
2. Rain / Pie In The Face / Friendship Between Men / Pun / Biplane
3. Cuckold / Impersonation / Refuge / Camera / Self Hatred
4. Diorama / Repentance / Disturbing / Surprise Ending / Wife
5. Understanding / Enigmatic / Psychology / Trauma / Affection
6. Romance / Quest / Heir / Rival / Revenge
7. Restaurant / Writer / Romantic Comedy / Kiss / Telephone Call
8. Cult Favorite / Black Belt / Photography / Tae Kwon Do
9. Critically Bashed / Mentally Disabled / Yoga / Character Name In Title / Product Placement
You can also search the database by keyword. For example, "vomit" calls up 261 movies, including Stand By Me, Apollo 13, The Rock, Space Cowboys and Seabiscuit. Useful! Have you come across any crazy plot keyword combinations? If so, share in the comments.
ND/NF: "Menashe" and "The Future Perfect"
14 hours ago