Tuesday, December 06, 2005

5.26.06

I waited more than a decade for the X-Men movie. It was terrible. X2 redeemed the franchise. It was spectacular. The X3 teaser trailer is tantalizing, and even though that means nothing for the actual movie, I can't wait. Kelsey Grammar looks badass as Beast. Shohreh Aghdashloo is a villain. Archangel shows up. Lalo Schifrin does the music. The one potential problem?

The director, Brett Ratner, Hollywood dude.

This is the guy who directed the Rush Hours, After the Sunset, and sundry music videos. In short, I worry that the story's social allegory factor will be played down in favor of cleavage and noise. I mean, yeah, there is cleavage and noise in any X-Men manifestation, be it comic books or TV shows. But it musn't be only that.

6 comments:

Beedow said...

social allegory? what's that? give me cleavage and noise!

J.J. said...

so that's why you have a thing for shelley winters

Middento said...

Shohreh Aghdashloo!!! *pant pant pant*

Beedow said...

speaking of shelly winters, wasn't she great in that made-for-tv version of the poseidon adventure?

Maria said...

I haven't seen any of the X-men movies. Can't get into them. I did, however, collect trading cards of those things-- Marvel Comics? I liked the girl (women?) characters. They were super cool.

Would I understand X3 without seeing the first 2?

J.J. said...

Probably, but see 2 anyway -- it's worth Netflix'ing.